Thursday, October 30, 2014

Lacrosse Swamp Tuff Pro Waders Product Review

The Swamp Tuff Pro Waders by Lacrosse have been the best waders I have ever worn.  Being a die-hard waterfowler, I have worn these waders in the toughest of conditions and they always have kept me warm and dry.

Lacrosse thought of every aspect in its design.  If I were forced to pick my favorite quality, I would have to choose the heavyweight 5mm fleece-lined insulating neoprene. Due to the warm Texas climate, I am extremely cold natured. Even on ice-breaking days, these waders have kept me warm, while wearing only a minimal base layer underneath.

In fact, while wading in knee-deep flooded timber, I have had ice form around the outside of the Swamp Tuff Pros and stayed completely warm, without the slightest discomfort.

In order to stay properly concealed, I have ended up in many short bushes that line a shoreline. I have had many close calls that would puncture many other common brands. Lacrosse durability and double-stitched and reinforced seams are built to last many seasons without punctures or tears. The knees and seat also are reinforced to provide lasting durability.

Another challenge that I have dealt with in years past, with other brands, is the quality of the boots.  Wading through the mud and muck where a duck calls home can be extremely tough if you experience some boot slippage. Lacrosse adds a contoured ankle fit to prevent ankle slippage, which allows my feet to stay in place during the most challenging muddy conditions.


I have, without a doubt, found my lifelong brand for quality waterfowl waders. I would recommend Lacrosse to any serious waterfowl hunter!

Swamp Tuff Pro Waders are offered in the following camo patterns: Mossy Oak Bottom Land, Mossy Oak Shadowgrass Blades and Realtree Max-5.


MSRP: $300

No comments:

Post a Comment