Thursday, October 30, 2014

Colt Peacemaker Product Review


I recently had the pleasure of reviewing a Colt Peacemaker, single-action .357 revolver. I shot a 3rd generation model, made between 1972 and 1975, with brown-stag bone grips. Just holding this firearm in my hand felt like getting a history lesson. It is incredibly beautiful, and this particular gun amazed me that it could be nearly a decade older than me and still retain its looks and sturdiness.  It became clear to me, standing in front of an assortment of Colt revolvers and holding the oldest one of them that Colt makes firearms that will stand the test of time.

Loading, unloading, aiming and familiarizing myself with the Peacemaker was a breeze. This gun screamed quality and craftsmanship and felt so well balanced while acquiring the target; aiming it was effortless.  I was amazed at how smooth and manageable the recoil was.  I was able to quickly cock the hammer back and regain my sight picture and fire again smoothly and quickly with incredible accuracy.  I shot .38 Special ammo through it, and then, .357 rounds to compare the difference.  The gun shot both types of ammo incredibly well.

I was glad that my husband accompanied me on this trip to the range, and he shot the Colt revolver, too, why....because I fell in love with it and really wanted to buy one after the first 3 rounds.  I didn’t have to convince him that we needed to buy it, because he felt the same way. Since he is a history enthusiast, the thought of owning an incredible firearm that not only made history, but was made to continue to be a part of history also appealed to him.

The purchase of an older model Colt is an investment that we can make to pass down to our children and their children.  Even though we cannot purchase the Colt that we shot that day, we are looking forward to finding one just like it in the near future.


Visit Colt Firearms 

Raychel is a Firearms Instructor for Shoot Like A Girl. To read more about Raychel go to www.ShootLikeAGirl.com and click on Pro Staff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment