Friday, November 17, 2017

PRO STAFF / INSTRUCTOR SPOTLIGHT: Learn more about archery instructor Stacy Sissney

Pro Staff / Instructor Spotlight:  We asked Stacy Sissney a few fun questions. Pro Staff / Instructor Spotlight is designed to help you get to know our awesome team of Pro Staff / Instructors a little better. Stacy lives in Oklahoma and is an archer, hunter and co-host of His & Hers Outdoors.

If you could only hunt in one season which one would it be?
Spring Turkey Season. It’s very near and dear to my heart. It was what I cut my teeth on. There’s nothing like hearing the woods come alive in the Spring

What’s your favorite location to hunt?
Love being able to hunt in Oklahoma because it’s close to home but there is something special about hunting in Texas.


Who introduced you to hunting?
My husband John. Always wanted to hunt growing up. John really encouraged me to shoot and hunt as a way to spend quality time together.


What do you hunt for?
Every season. If there is a season for it.. we are normally out there hunting.

What’s your biggest hunting challenge?
Staying in shape due to physical limitations.

What would be the most amazing hunting adventure that is still on your bucket list?
Elk and Mountain Cat

What hunting skill do you wish you knew more about?
Practice with duck calls

What’s the hardest hunting lesson you’ve learned?
Mistakes and bad shots happen. You just have to do your best to recover the animal you made a bad shot on. The hardest feeling as a hunter is no matter how much you practice sometimes bad shots happen.

If hunting was no longer an option for you what would you do with your time?
I really don’t know..

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Introduction to archery

How many pairs of hunting boots do you own?
4

What style of hunting are you most passionate about?
Archery

NON – HUNTING RELATED

What do you like most about the SLG shooting trailer?
I love the look on the women’s faces when they never shot before and they realize they can shoot and its nothing to be afraid of.

If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
I use to love crafts and quilting

What non-hunting related skill would you like to master?
I have always wanted to start bee keeping. I have never done it but it definitely intrigues me.

What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
I love to cook. I have tons of cookbooks.

What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
British Columbia

Where do you usually go when you when you have time off?
Back home to visit family in Wisconsin

Who inspires you to be better?
Mason my daughter

What are three interesting facts about you?
1) I have two different color eyes
2) My birthday was on Cinco DeMayo
3) TV co-host, in 8th season, started it because we were filming hunts and wanted to put something out there. We realized it was a lot harder than we realized it would be. Check it out at www.hisnhersoutdoors.com

What is your biggest fear?
Extreme heights.. I do not like driving over bridges
If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Steak and Baked Pototo
List two pet peeves
Lazy people & sometimes get mild road rage from slow drivers

Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest?
Taste

One thing that not a lot of people know you love to do?
Watch football

Mountains or Beach?
Mountains

More facts:  I am on the board of my local  SCI Chapter and are very active in NWTF

No comments:

Post a Comment