Monday, October 20, 2014

Danner High Ground Product Review


Comfort, warmth and stability are three things I look for when selecting a hunting boot and Danner has hit all three with the women’s High Ground boot. It is quite hard for me to find an above-the-ankle boot that fits due to large calf size. After slipping these 8” top boots on for the first time, my fears were diminished and I was finally relived to find a tall boot that fits! These boots also took a short amount of time to break in and adjust to.
 Living in the desert in extreme heat up to 110°, the 1,000 grams of thinsulate insulation is a little much during the summer but, it sure makes a huge difference paired with a warm pair of Danner’s wool socks, during the winter temperatures and wet conditions. The locking lacing system ensures that your laces won’t become loose and cause your feet to slip while hiking in rocky terrain.  Danner provides an aggressive tread on these boots. For most of my hiking around the Rocky Mountains aggressive tread is a requirement. These boots also come pre-treated for waterproofing.

I have been impressed with High Ground boot from Danner and will encourage any lady of the outdoors to try them on for size. So far these boots have taken me to the podium in several 3d archery competitions this year, including one of the biggest in the west, the Sunrise 3d shoot. Can’t wait to see where they will take me on my hunting adventures next!

Photo: SLG Pro-Staff member, Colleen Richardson, taking home her second place trophy in the Women’s Bowhunter class at the Sunrise 3d Archery Shootout in Greer, AZ.

Colleen is a member of Shoot Like A Girl Pro Staff. To find out more about Colleen go to www.ShootLikeAGirl.com and click on Pro Staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment